Staying warm during the winter whilst keeping energy bills manageable is a common concern. Here are our tips to help you stay warm without significantly increasing your energy costs:
- Create a Cosy Nest: Wrap yourself in a comfy sweater and set your thermostat to a snug but reasonable temperature. A few degrees lower won’t just save energy, it’ll keep you cosy too.
- Smart Thermostats are Your Friend: Think of a programmable thermostat as your personal temperature butler. It adjusts to your routine, lowering the heat when you’re away or tucked in bed, and warming things up when you’re around.
- Fashion Forward and Warm: Embrace the layered look indoors! Throw on your favourite sweaters, wrap up in blankets, and turn your home into a warm and snug sanctuary.
- Say Goodbye to Drafts: Be on the lookout for sneaky drafts around windows and doors. A bit of weatherstripping or caulking can work wonders in keeping the cold outside.
- Door Drafts, Meet Your Match: Introduce draft stoppers to your doors—they’re like little superheroes that keep chilly air at bay. You can buy them or make your own from cosy fabrics.
- Windows Need Love Too: Give your windows a winter wardrobe with thermal curtains or extra layers. It’s like giving them a warm, fuzzy hug.
- Hello Sunshine, Goodbye Cold: Open those curtains during the day and let the sunlight work its magic. It’s free, it’s warm, and it adds a touch of natural cosiness.
- Bedding Bliss: Snuggle under warm blankets and comforters at night. It’s like being wrapped in a cloud, and you can turn down the thermostat a notch.
- Cosy Spaces, Not Whole Places: If you’re using space heaters, think targeted warmth. Focus on the rooms you’re in the most and remember to play it safe.
- Heater Love: Show your heating system some TLC with regular check-ups. Clean filters, fix issues promptly, and let your system run at its cosy best.
- Cook Up Some Warmth: Use your oven for cooking and let the delicious warmth spread. Bonus: your home will smell amazing.
- Light Up Your Life: Swap out those old bulbs for energy-efficient LEDs. They’re not just eco-friendly; they also give off a warmer light.
- Zone in for Comfort: If possible, zone heating is the way to go. Why heat the whole house when you can focus on where you are?
- Energy-Efficient Habits: Power down when you’re not using things. Unplug chargers, turn off lights—little changes can add up to cosy savings.
- Move and Groove: Get moving! Physical activity generates warmth, so dance, do some yoga, or simply stroll around to stay toasty.
Now, go ahead and enjoy your cosy winter wonderland!
Learn other ways we can save you money (and time) visit: www.accuratusgreenpayroll.co.uk/#rewards
We’re here to help.