Valentine’s Day: Wednesday 14th February 2024
Article written by Teresa Gradziel, Marketing Director of Accuratus Green Payroll.
Whether you are hopelessly amorous or only reluctantly romantic, you can’t help but get caught up in the love atmosphere of Valentine’s day. It’s the perfect time to treat that special someone in your life, but it does not have to stop there.
Why not extend the love to a friend, work colleague or even a stranger? Just imagine how it would make them feel if you offer to buy them a cup of coffee or give a bunch of flowers? Imagine how that would also make you feel.
I still send a Valentine’s card to my daughter and mother, just to remind them how much I love them. Celebrating this day does not have to be a romantic gesture or be expensive. You should also do something nice for yourself, after all your worth it.
My Valentines Day has started early – this weekend in fact! I started Sunday morning with a lovely champagne brunch prepared by my partner, with romantic music playing in the background, followed by a lovely walk in Windsor Great Park with our puppy “Millie” (more about Millie in another blog later!).
Sometimes it is the small things that make the day special and not just grand gestures. Here are some ideas (and some exclusive offers) to get you started:
- Watch the sunset or sunrise together– Take some time to take in the sun’s natural beauty. Why not wake up early and enjoy a breakfast treat with the sunrise or cup of coffee together before going to work. No time in the morning? Enjoy the the sunset instead with some cheese and nibbles.
- Book tickets for a night out –Peruse local events calendar to see what plays, concerts, or other events are going on and buy tickets in advance for the best savings. You could even just go see a movie together. Whatever you choose, be sure to dress up and take a picture together at some point in the night.
- Re-create a memorable date -A fun way to relive the past and enjoy the present is to think of a favourite date you went on together or even your first date and then plan how to recreate it.
- Take dancing lessons together -You’re never too old to learn how to dance. Research dance studios in your area and book a lesson for Valentine’s night out to learn to ballroom dance, salsa, cha cha, samba, mambo and more together. You’re sure to leave feeling more connected than when you entered.
- Check out our Rewards in AG Plus– for Mappin & Webb discount and many more offers, to help make your Valentines Day more memorable.
Celebrate on us…
Because we are feeling the Love here at Accuratus Green Payroll we would like to offer a dinner for two up to the value of £200 for the 10th person to sign-up with us here at Accuratus Green Payroll. Simply quote “FeeltheLove” when you contact us (offer through until Friday 23rd February 2024).
Applicants must be in regular employment, for full T&C’s please contact our office.
Whatever you decide to do on Valentine’s Day we hope you feel the love!
We’re here to help .